Hello! Today I have a card to share using the Bold and Blooming Stamp TV kit. I posted this on the Gina K Stamp TV Facebook page and someone asked for the steps on how I made it so I listed that below!
Here is the card, that I lovingly named "Purple Rain."
Here are the supplies I used for this card:
Adhesive: tape runner, foam mounting tape
Paper: Bristol Smooth (for the mounted layer); Gina K Designs Pure Luxury white cardstock (base)
Ink: Ranger Distress Ink (Seedless Preserves)
Clear embossing powder
Spray bottle: I used Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer
Stickers: Sticker Stitches (SRM Stickers), chipboard mini flower (Colorbok)
1. Emboss one large flower, and a few medium and smaller flowers with clear embossing powder on Bristol Smooth cardstock (as you can see in picture.) I did one or two flowers at a time so I wouldn't by accident rub off the embossing powder before I set it.
2. Use your blending tool and rub the distress ink all over cardstock. Wipe the areas with the flowers with a paper towel.
3. Spray paper with water using spray bottle and then lay a paper towel over it. Pat and then remove. (This step removes a little of the ink where the water drops fell giving it the rained on look.)
4. Cut this panel so that it is smaller than base layer. Since my card is 4.25" by 5.5", I cut this piece 4" by 4.5" (since I left a large section blank for sentiment at bottom.)
5. Round top corners and adhere this panel to card base. Line the top edge up with the card leaving a little margin of white at top. After you adhere your layer you can round the top corners of the card base.
6. Add a thin scrap of yellow paper across the bottom where the panel edge ends. Make sure you leave ample room for the sentiment.
7. Stamp sentiment stamp (in Stamp TV kit) using the Seedless Preserves ink on the bottom center of card.
8. Add the sticker stitch on the yellow border paper.
9. Stamp the large flower on scrap paper in Seedless Preserves ink and die cut with die in Stamp TV Kit. Add it to card as shown using foam tape. Add chipboard flower sticker to center of flower.
Good morning! Getting the weekend started after a fun weekend:) My kids are off today so our weekend is extended a little--which is always a bonus!
Wanted to pop in and share another card I made with the Gina K Designs Bold and Blooming Stamp TV kit. I just love this kit!
I stamped the flowers in light ink and then colored them using Copic markers and die cutting them with small rectangle dies. I sponged the edges with Ranger linen ink. The floral design was embossed in white and then I added the Thank You stamped tag. I finished this card with a bit of The Twinery twine!
Have a wonderful day--Thanks for stopping by!
Hello! I am back again with my other two cards for the Paper Smooches challenge. Yes, I said two. I might have said one yesterday....but I made another last night so I figured....what the heck?!
The challenge this month is to use any shade of green on a card.
Both of my cards use Huge Hugs stamp set--but I used them in different ways. For the first, I sponged the background using Ranger Distress inks (seedless preserves, mowed lawn, antique linen) and I used Tim Holtz's Rays Layering Stencil to get the look of the sun rays in the background. (Obviously, it is a setting sun because I have the stars out 😏)
I stamped the big guy and colored him with Copics and stamped the sentiment on a scrap paper sponged with the same antique linen ink:
Next, I made a card with the same set but a different feel....
Ha....this guy makes me laugh so I couldn't resist adding a google eye to him :)