Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Purple Rain

Hello! Today I have a card to share using the Bold and Blooming Stamp TV kit.  I posted this on the Gina K Stamp TV Facebook page and someone asked for the steps on how I made it so I listed that below!
Here is the card, that I lovingly named "Purple Rain." 


Here are the supplies I used for this card

Adhesive: tape runner, foam mounting tape
Paper: Bristol Smooth (for the mounted layer); Gina K Designs Pure Luxury white cardstock (base)
Ink: Ranger Distress Ink (Seedless Preserves)
Blending tool
Heat tool
Clear embossing powder
Versamark
Spray bottle: I used Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer
Stickers: Sticker Stitches (SRM Stickers), chipboard mini flower (Colorbok)
Stamps: Bold and Blooming Stamp TV Kit (Gina K Designs)
Corner rounding punch

Instructions:
1.  Emboss one large flower, and a few medium and smaller flowers with clear embossing powder on Bristol Smooth cardstock (as you can see in picture.)  I did one or two flowers at a time so I wouldn't by accident rub off the embossing powder before I set it.
2.  Use your blending tool and rub the distress ink all over cardstock.  Wipe the areas with the flowers with a paper towel.
3.  Spray paper with water using spray bottle and then lay a paper towel over it. Pat and then remove.  (This step removes a little of the ink where the water drops fell giving it the rained on look.)
4.  Cut this panel so that it is smaller than base layer. Since my card is 4.25" by 5.5", I cut this piece 4"  by 4.5" (since I left a large section blank for sentiment at bottom.)
5.  Round top corners and adhere this panel to card base. Line the top edge up with the card leaving a little margin of white at top.  After you adhere your layer you can round the top corners of the card base.
6.  Add a thin scrap of yellow paper across the bottom where the panel edge ends. Make sure you leave ample room for the sentiment.
7.  Stamp sentiment stamp (in Stamp TV kit) using the Seedless Preserves ink on the bottom center of card. 
8.  Add the sticker stitch on the yellow border paper.
9.  Stamp the large flower on scrap paper in Seedless Preserves ink and die cut with die in Stamp TV Kit. Add it to card as shown using foam tape.  Add chipboard flower sticker to center of flower.

That's it! Pretty easy.

Have a wonderful day!
Cammie

2 comments:

reeree62 said...

Gorgeous, Cammie....pinned it!! Seedless Preserves is one of my favorite Distress Ink colors, too.

Received the lovely Blog Candy from you!! Thank you so much! :o) xo

Billie A said...

Wow pretty card. I like the uncolored ones and then the colored ones against the background looks awesome.